As I'm sure most of you are aware, there are a lot of issues with the node.js implementations of VTRPC. We are hoping to rectify that with version 4. Version 4 will be different from previous versions and have the following options:
- C#/.NET based -> This makes it easier for me to update/maintain
- Integration library -> Allows for VTCs to customize the RichPresence object returned based on the incoming data and state of the game
- Customized builds -> Customized builds for installation, settings, and plugin configurations, more on this later
- Custom ATS/ETS2 plugin -> there is a custom plugin for VTRPCv4 that provides the data via raw sockets to the RPC application
- Closed Source -> Due to the ability for VTCs to create their own Rich Presence plugins, the majority of the application will be closed source. I will be able to provide a sample of what a Rich Presence plugin will look like.
- Default Rich Presence Integration -> I will provide a default Rich Presence plugin that will operate similar to the previous RPC program.
The list of things yet to accomplish is below.
- Create installer and bootstrapper for the installer
- Create build tools package for customized builds
- Test release builds and release configurations before early access launches
- Update the VTRPC website to reflect the new information for v4
- Create sample Rich Presence builder plugin
- Create the default Rich Presence builder plugin
- Add build pipelines for signing assemblies
- Create documentation for integrations and how v4 works
I will attempt to make an update to this post as more details become available. There is currently no early access builds nor an ETA for general release.