DateTime Convert question ? / Update to 1.35 ?

General - not platform specific
pat2381

Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:31 am

Hello Josh,

will ETCars be further developed or not? Because it's a really good one and provides a lot of information. I am currently developing an ETS2 Software VT and I am using ETCars.
Now I have a question? Is it possible to pass the time information so that i can adapt it to other language?(CultureInfo)
You Convent the time from DateTime to String. In this scenario I can not change the language.

for example :

Code: Select all

telemBCastSS << "\" gameDayTime \ ": \" "<< convertToDayTime (Telemetry :: telemetry () -> game-> dateTime) <<" \ ",";

The output of "gameDayTime" is : e.g. Tue, 12:23

I've tried to change that, but for me C ++ is not friendly.

My last question, will there be an update to ETS 1.35 in next time?

Sorry for my bad english but i hope you could understand me.
Have a nice day and I hope to hear you soon...

pat2381
jammerxd
Site Admin
Has liked: 4 times
Liked: 3 times

Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:07 pm

Hi pat2381,

I would like to continue working on ETCARS, however, I recently got a new job and moved and things are still settling down from that. I honestly don't know if I will be able to continue development for it on my own or not. I have been trying to find other c/c++ developers to at least assist this project but I have not been able to find anyone interested.

The time information, such as the time zone, is not available in any part of the SDK. It may be possible to get the timezone by using the in-game coordinates, converting them to real-world latitude and longitude and then getting the timezone from that. Outside of that there isn't any other time information available.

As for the 1.35 update, I am aware of it, the update for it has been started, but has not been worked on since the new job. Therefore, it's really hard for me to say if I will be making any updates to this or not, it really depends if I can find c/c++ developers that are willing to contribute and help me refactor the project.

Josh
jammerxd